Thursday, September 15, 2011

High Five To Five Guys


Today I went to Five Guys burgers in the Overlake Plaza in Redmond and I am so elated that I did!!!

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 3. It looked like a diner with red and white checkered tile and red and white walls. It made me feel like I was in back in the 50's. There was a huge area with no glass where you can watch them make your burgers. It is almost like a huge assembly line, check it out...


There were a lot of peach wood old looking tables and chairs. There were extra chairs everywhere so they will never run out of places to sit. All of the tables rocked and wobbled and it was REALLY stressing me out. I had to move around to three different tables to find one that was not wobbly. They were blasting music and the restaurant was loud so it was also bugging me. Other than that it was pretty cool. They have open bags of free peanuts that you can just take. 

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 3. The lady didn't really talk to us. She really just minded her own bees wax while I was ordering. She also smiled but it was more like a small smirk or grin so I couldn't even tell if she was happy or not. She should go to a social manners class (if they even have those). 

On service speed, I give it a 4. We waited about 5 minutes or less to get 3 burgers and a large fries.



On taste of food, I give it a 5! It was the best burger that I have ever had in Seattle!!! I got a cheeseburger with grilled onions, ketchup, pickles, tomatoes and lettuce. The patty was juicy and moist. It was the hardest thing ever to take the time to take that picture. The gooey cheese was properly melted on the patty and it all melts in your mouth. The lettuce, tomatoes and pickles were fresh and crisp and the onions were grilled to perfection. All topped off with fresh ketchup and a warm sesame seed bun. It was a piece of heaven! The french fries are fresh cut and made and they don't taste artificial at all. They taste just like a crispy fried potato. They are delicious! The patty is 100% beef and everything is fried in peanut oil. If you are allergic to peanuts than this is not the place for you. Peanut oil, open bags of free peanuts... if you are allergic to peanuts then this place is a death trap.

On appearance of food, I give it a 3. It looked pretty average. The veggies were fresh and bright but I wouldn''t say that the burger was beautifully prepared. It was falling apart everywhere. All of the ingredients were falling out of the bun and it looked sloppy. They don't serve the food on trays but in brown paper bags.

On price, I give it a 4. For three burgers, three waters and a large fries it was $16.06.

For a grand total of 22/30. Even though it was not the best in all categories, it was the best in my burger category. If you ate here every day your heart would stop so it is only for a treat. It is very fattening. Five Guys, if you were here right now I would give you a huge high five.

Five Guys Burgers and Fries on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Great post!!! I love 5 guys. I say for thanksgiving this year we forget the tur-duck-en and go with a tur-duc-5 guys! Actually, forget the tur and the duc. Let's just go with 5 guys.

    -UnKl D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I went to Five Guy last night after reading this post. It was of course awesome! But now I totally regret it. Is there a score for "Regret going there the next day when you stand on the scale"? If so, Five Guys should get a 5/5.

    -Uncle D

    ReplyDelete