Monday, September 5, 2011

PinkaBoring Cupcakes

Today I went to PinkaBella (PinkaBoring) Cupcakes on the 3rd floor of Bellevue Square mall, and they were very boring.

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 4. It was a pink and brown color scheme and I thought that was very cute. There were about six tiny crystal chandeliers handing from the ceiling. It was very classy and original and it was also cute but there was nothing over the top about it. I have to admit that it did really pop from a distance.

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 3. The lady was smiling although she didn't say anything to me or interact with me.

On service speed, I give it a 4.  She handed us the cupcake on a napkin right away, but the weird thing was she wouldn't give it to us until my mom was finished paying. It's like she was scared that we were going to steal it or something.


On taste of food, I give it a 3. I got a chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting. The other flavors were not kid friendly, like salted caramel, pineapple upside down cake, lemon, and coconut. If I closed my eyes I would think that the cupcake was from Safeway. The frosting tastes very sweet and cheap. The cake tasted dry, generic and boring. Absolutely nothing special. They made me feel like I was at a little kid birthday party. I could make better cupcakes in my own kitchen. Overall it was a pretty bad experience.

On appearance of food, I give it a 3. The cake looks too dark, like almost black. The frosting was piped the way the grocery store does it. There were generic rainbow sprinkles on top of it. It was pretty boring and not special.

On price, I give it a 3. Same as always, $3.00 for a normal $1.50 for a mini.

For a total score of 20/30. My sister got a pineapple upside down cake and there was nothing upside down about it. They also have frosting shots just like New York Cupcakes. The cupcake store is also next to a kid's play area, a Gymboree gym, and a kid's salon were you can get feather extensions. Btw, any respectable kid is going back to school with feather extensions. I would recommend this place to little kids who don't know the difference between a good cupcake and an average cupcake. I wouldn't recommend it to kids like me who do. PinkaBoring, stop being so boring!

PinkaBella Cupcakes on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment