Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy 11th Birthday To Me!

Last week was my 11th birthday...finally! Seriously, everyone else was 11 but me. I guess being younger can be a good thing for some people who are much older but I am definitely not one of those people. When it's my birthday it is my tradition to open my family presents first thing in the morning before school (which is really good because I can wear all of my totally awesome new clothes to school) and eat my cake/cupcakes for breakfast. This year my cupcakes were from New York Cupcakes, aka the best cupcakes on the Eastside. Check out my birthday breakfast...


It is also my tradition to get to choose what to eat for dinner. I can even go to any restaurant I want! Every year I choose the same thing and that is for my Mom to make a homemade Italian dinner. It is my absolute favorite. This year she made fettuccine alfredo, veal cutlets and peas and mushrooms. Check it out...


These recipes are family recipes that have been passed down through generations. I can't even tell you the recipes because they are passed down orally and not written anywhere. Plus, I don't even know them by heart. They are surely delicious and I couldn't ask for anything more than to have my birthday with my fantastic family and my favorite food. This blog is no longer "a 10 year old's take on where to eat," it is now "an 11 year old's take on where to eat!" Look out world because here comes Emily...the 11 year old!

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Emily! I need to be at your home when it is my next birthday, because I want cupcakes for breakfast and that amazing Italian dinner to celebrate it.

    Your gift is on its way, sorry for the delay (Jack picked out your card--you'll understand when you receive it--he thinks it is the best!). Great post!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    --Steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a wonderful birthday. I think you should definitely give your mother a 30/30 for this dinner!

    LY
    Gma

    ReplyDelete