Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ben & Jerry's - saving the best for last!


Today I went to the final fro yo place for the week - Ben and Jerry's in downtown Kirkland. It was a great way to end the week, and boy did we save the best for last!

The decor of the restaurant is very unique to Ben and Jerry's. I give it a 3 because it is very small and there isn't a lot of seating. It seems "hippyish" and has a painting of a VW bus. They also have bright colors with big pictures for the counter menus.

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 4. Colin was the person working there, and he seemed happy to be there. Whenever I said "thank you," he said "you're welcome." He was not annoyed to hand tasters to the customers. He made the store smell great while he made homemade waffle cones behind glass so I could see.

On service speed, I give it a 5. I was served right away.



I ordered chocolate fudge brownie hard yogurt on a cake cone. For taste of food, I give it a 5. It wasn't tart, but it was very yummy and rich! It was filled with chewy brownie bites. It tasted like homemade fudge on a hot summer day. It is a girl's dream come true! All of the chocolate with only 100 calories and 90% less fat than ice cream. They also had black raspberry frozen yogurt but I didn't try it.

On appearance of food, I give it a 4. It was served sightly melted but that made it taste creamier and better than when it is served really cold. It was a deep chocolate color and looked very appetizing. Although they have homemade waffle cones, the rest of their cones were generic.

On price of food, I give it a 4. My yogurt was $3.00.

I have decided to give Ben and Jerry's an extra point. They have more delicious frozen yogurt flavors like vanilla and Half-Baked, which is half cookie dough and half chocolate fudge brownie mixed together. They deserve an extra point because you don't only have to go into the store to enjoy the yummy yogurts. Pint sized yogurts are sold at grocery stores around the country! Also, they sell lip balms in their fabulous ice cream flavors. Is there anything better than a smile that smells like cookie dough?

The final score is 26/30, which makes Ben and Jerry's the best place to get frozen yogurt on the eastside!!!!!



Ben & Jerry's (Kirkland) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment