Thursday, June 23, 2011

O Red Mango is Faux Red Mango


Today was the second day of my frozen yogurt adventure, and I went to O Red Mango in Bellevue Square Mall. Here's the 411...

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 3. It is very modern inside, with a red and black color scheme. There are large glass walls and it has a convenient corner location. It is modern, but I wouldn't call it special.

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 2. There were 5 people working behind the counter and not one smiled at me. One of the people working at the counter commented on the song playing in a rude manner. She said in a snotty way, "Like a G6. I HATE this song." Then she left to change the music instead of taking my order. She was more concerned about the music than the customers.

On service speed, I give it a 4. There were a lot of people there but they got through the line very quickly. It took less than 5 minutes to get the yogurt.



I tasted a plain soft serve yogurt with chocolate chips and fresh mangos and a vanilla soft serve yogurt with mochi bits and funny little balls that popped with fruit juice when I bit them.

On taste of food, I give them a 4. The yogurt is tart and creamy and makes me feel fresh and healthy. The original is better than the vanilla because the tartness makes it taste more yogurty and special. They have a great selection of toppings like fresh fruit, cereal, candy, and Asian toppings like mochi and the fruit juice balls. The fruit was very fresh and tasted great.

On appearance of food, I also give it a 4. It had a very modern appearance. I liked how they separated the toppings and didn't mix them together. The swirl was tall, narrow and hollow so it was wobbly.

For the price, I definitely give it a 2. It is very expensive. For a small with 2 toppings, it is $5.00.

The final score is 19/30. There are some things about Faux Red Mango that bother me. There was nowhere to sit. There are not enough tables (and barely any chairs) so I had to sit outside. There was also blasting music and I had to yell to give my order. The area where the line was was very narrow and crowded. Also, the employees looked annoyed.


As I was walking out of the mall, I noticed this sign for a new fro yo place. Hopefully blissberri will be better than Faux Red Mango.

Red Mango on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. WHAT?!? YOU WENT WITHOUT ME?!? Just kidding! I love it! I still like the red mango down in redmond town center :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great info! I haven't been there (yet), but will try the one in RTC to compare. Thanks for the research, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete