Monday, June 27, 2011

Yogurt Puts the 1 in 31 Flavors


When I say 31 flavors, I actually mean 48 flavors. Baskin Robbins, get your facts right! Today I visited "31 Flavors" in Belleve Bridle Trails. I have been to Baskin Robbins many times in many places, but never tried the frozen yogurt. Here is what I learned...


On decor of restaurant, I give it a 2. When I walked in, nothing caught my eye. It has very dull colors like whites and greys and the signs are all faded like they are from the olden days. Although the counter signs were very bright and they had big pictures so it was easy to read. Sadly, they post calories - they must want the customers to feel bad about what they are eating.


On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 4. They smiled while they let me taste everything I wanted without making a face like they were annoyed. When I was given too much of a sample by accident, we both laughed together and had a moment:) When I left, I was told "thank you, have a nice afternoon."


On service speed, I give it a 5. There was no wait, and the person working was very speedy. She seemed determined to be as fast as possible.



Out of all 48 flavors, only one was frozen yogurt. It was hard vanilla yogurt. I tried a scoop of it on a cake cone.

On taste of food, I give it a 3. It doesn't taste anything like frozen yogurt but just like ice cream. I have no idea why they are able to claim it as fro yo. It was very good vanilla "ice cream." It was creamy, sweet, but not tart at all. I have to say, it is just as good as vanilla ice cream with less calories and fat. Instead of fro yo they should call it diet vanilla ice cream!

On appearance of food, I give it a 2. It was nothing special, looked average, and like TCBY had generic cones.

On price, I give it a 4. For one regular cone, it was $3.00.

The best thing about Baskin Robbins frozen yogurt is that it can be turned into any of their cakes and pies, but most importantly, their amazingly adorable clown cones!!!

If you are having a bad day, go to "48 Flavors" and get yourself a clown cone. Sometimes they look like creepy clowns, but most of the time they are cute.

The final score is 20/30. Not the best, not the worst. At the end of the day, I would go to Baskin Robbins/ "48 Flavors" for ice cream, not fro yo. That is unless you have the fro yo turned into one of their magical creations. Although you can always count on the water fountain that seems to be from the 1800's, or like my mom says, the 80's. Same difference.

Baskin-Robbins (Bellevue - 140th) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment