Monday, July 18, 2011

Blue C Gets a C

Today was the first day of sushi week and I didn't hit it off to a fabulous start. I went to Blue C Sushi in downtown Bellevue and if I had to give it a school grade, I would give it a C.

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 4. It was very modern with gray and white walls with splashes of  bright colors like orange and green. There were also videos of scenes in Japan projected onto the walls. The place looks really awesome and makes you feel hip and happy to be there. If you really have to go to the bathroom go somewhere else because you have to walk 25 stairs to get to there. It doesn't even seem like it was in the same building!   

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 2. The server didn't even talk to me! I did get special chopsticks that are easier for kids to use. Check out the chopsticks...


On service speed, I give it a 4. Of course it is conveyor belt sushi so the food is right there in front of you. They brought my drink right away without barely any wait at all. There is a service button at the tables that you can press when you want the server. We pressed the button and had to wait at least 5 minutes.

On taste of food, I give it a 3. I got a califonia roll which I always get and it is one of my favorites. The rice was not too sticky and the seaweed had just the right crunch to it. I could really taste the freshness of the cucumber, crab and avocado. Overall, it was good but just average and not any different than anywhere else. It is more expensive than other places so I expected it to be better. I like it when places roll it in tobiko (fish eggs) to make it pretty but they don't do that here.


On appearance of food, I give it a 3. The roll had bright but average colors and overall it just looked like a normal california roll. But the california HAND roll was prepared beautifully...

  
On price, I give it a 2. It was over-priced average food. Each color of plate is a different price, so check out all of the prices.....


Normally, a california roll costs about $1.50 but here it is $2.75.

For a grand total they got 18/30. One really great thing is that for dessert thay have actual mini cupcakes from Cupcake Royale and actual doughnuts from Mighty-O-Doughnuts. Most of the food is cooked (like rolls) or fried (like tempura and egg rolls) so it is extra good for kids who are afraid of eating raw fish. The place looks cool and you can tell that they are trying to make you feel cool when you eat there. But, it is expensive and when you look at the food it isn't that cool after all. 








Blue C Sushi (Bellevue Square) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment