Saturday, July 9, 2011

Frankly, I like Frankie's


Today I ate at Frankie's in Redmond. Frankly, I like Frankie's.

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 4. There is indoor seating and a patio where you can eat. It looks VERY Italian!!! There are wine bottles, candles and grape vines everywhere. The colors are dark like dark green, grays, and dark turquoise. The lights over the tables are hung low, so if you have young children they could hit their heads.

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 4. Right away our server brought us crayons and coloring pages without even having to ask. She was very calm and pleasant.

On service speed, I give it a 4. Our server brought us warm buttery breadsticks right away. It took 10-15 minutes for us to get our cheese pizza.

On taste of food, I give it a 4. I tried the small cheese pizza. It had a super doughy crust, and the proportions of cheese and sauce were perfect. The sauce was very fresh and had chunks of tomatoes in it. The pizza was a bit greasy and you could see it shimmering. It was a thick crust pizza and there was a little too much dough.

On appearance of food, I give it a 3. It had a perfectly browned crust. The cheese and sauce went all of the way to the edge. It also looked typical and not special.

On price, I give it a 4. It was $9 for a small pizza that would serve 2-3 kids.

On my way in, I noticed an herb garden outside the restaurant. They are growing basil, rosemary and chives. I asked the woman inside if they use them for the food and she said "yes." See for yourself...

The overall score is 23/30. Frankie's is a good place to go for pizza. My mom had a greek salad and minestrone soup and she said they were amazing and fresh. If you have a mom who thinks pizza is fattening like mine, you should take them to Frankie's.

Frankie's Pizza & Pasta on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment