Friday, July 15, 2011

CPK is "Eh" OK


Today was the last day of pizza week, and I visited California Pizza Kitchen in downtown Bellevue. My overall review of the experience is, "eh."


On decor of restaurant, I give it a 4. Most of the walls were huge glass windows with a lot of light coming in. The colors were yellow, orange, tans and black. It looked very modern! There were painted CPK boxes hung on the walls. They also had plenty of seating for big groups.


On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 3. We had to ask for a kids menu and the coloring pages. Our server served us with a smile and said, "thank you, have a nice day" when we left.


On service speed, I give it a 1. It was the worst! It only took about 10 minutes to get 1 large and 1 small pizza, but the service problems started after I got the food. Our server never came back for refills and I was really thirsty. I spent about 15 minutes with no water - it was really annoying. When she was standing right next to us seating another family we couldn't even get her attention. We finally flagged her down for our check but she never came back on her own.



On taste of food, I give it a 4. I ordered the Hawaiian pizza and it was great! It had a medium crust, not too thick, not too thin. It was very cheesy and had big chunks of pineapple. The taste of the pineapple was very juicy and strong so I couldn't taste the sauce. The crust was really good - it was the first time I ever ate my pizza crust first.

On appearance of food, I give it a 3. It really just looked like an average pizza. There was nothing special about it.

On price, I give it a 4. One Hawaiian pizza off of the kids menu was $5.50. It comes with any drink and free refills. Also, dessert can be added for only $1.00.

The overall score is 20/30. The best thing about CPK is that they have bendy straws!!!! They also host birthday parties where you can make your own pizzas. My overall review is "eh" because the pizza is good but I wouldn't necessarily want to go back there because the service is pretty bad.

California Pizza Kitchen (Bellevue) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment