Thursday, July 7, 2011

Don't freak for Zeek's

 Today is the second day of pizza week and it was a bit rough. We went to Zeek's in downtown Kirkland.


On decor of restaurant, I give it a 3. They have very dim lighting and most of it is from the blood red candles. They also have some paint missing in some of the corners and walls.The table and chairs are wooden and boring.  They have a really cool clear glass window with steps to sit on where kids can watch the servers make pizzas. When I waved to the person making pizza, he threw flour at the window to make me laugh but he actually seemed annoyed.  Check out the glass window.....

On friendliness of staff toward kids, I give it a 4. The staff  kept us very entertained! They gave us pizza dough to play with and crayons with coloring pages. Also they were very polite and they served with a smile and complimented my friend's nails.

On service speed, I give it a 4. It took between 15-20 minutes to get 1 large cheese pizza and 1 small veggie pizza.

On taste of food, I give it a 3. I had a slice of cheese pizza. The pizza had a very thick crust and it was a little too doughy for my taste.The pizza had very sharp cheese and the ratio of cheese and red sauce was off. There was too much dough and the toppings only went halfway up the pizza leaving the other half of it dry. There was a little basil sprinkled on top. The pizza was not special, it was just average pizza.

For the appearance of food, I give it a 2. The pizza had golden edges and the tomato sauce went up to the crust. As you can see, the cheese was mostly in the middle and that doesn't look nice.

For price, I give it a 2. For 1 large cheese pizza and for 1 small veggie pizza it was a total of $40.00.

The score is 18/30 for Zeek's Pizza. It is a good place to take kids because there is a lot for kids to do and it is a big restaurant that would be good for large groups. Just be prepared to pay extra for pizza that tastes as good as the frozen kind from the grocery store. Therefore, don't freak for Zeek's.


Zeek's Pizza (Kirkland) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment