Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sushi Mojo is the Place to Go


Today is the 2nd day of sushi week and I headed out to Sushi Mojo in Bellevue. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was that there was barely any sushi on the conveyor belt. We ordered everything we ate so this review is based on the orders, not what went by on the belt.

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 4. They had the BEST music playing. The also had cool silver branches with silver flowers and red birds painted on the walls. All of the awesome decorations made it look very modern! There was a big ol' fluffy teddy bear on the bench in the waiting area in case you need a hug. On the way to the bathroom there were a lot of pretty paintings painted by kids on the wall. They must love having kids there! Also, there were longs strands of origami on the ceiling. It was very original!

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give them a 4. Our server served with a smile but I wasn't "thrilled" with her performance. Until my friend ordered little Japanese cookie sticks with frosting. When they didn't have a flavor that looked appetizing our server brought out a whole platter of different choices. We were amazed at what she brought. I am only rating Sushi Mojo based on my experience today, but I have been here before and the owners are really nice and remember my name.

On service speed, I give it a 4. Since there weren't many choices on the conveyor belt, we ordered everything we ate. They were able to bring out our orders very quickly, in under 5 minutes.




I ordered a california hand roll and potstickers, and my sister ordered avocado sashimi.

My mom ordered albacore sashimi and they actually cut up a whole raw fish! Check it out...


On taste of food, I give it a 4. My hand roll had very crisp cucumber but kind of soggy seaweed that was hard to bite. The crab tasted a bit fishy. The potstickers were on the greasier side but they still tasted really good and crispy. My mom LOVED her sashimi and said it was the freshest and yummiest she has had in a long time. Of course my sister loved the avocado and there really isn't a lot to say about that.

On appearance of food, I give it a 4. My sister's avocado came with a beautiful hibiscus flower on the side. The california roll had bright colors and really caught my eye. The potstickers looked pretty on a white doily but when you lifted up the postickers there were grease spots.

On price, I give it a 4. All of the rolls, no matter how fancy, are $1.75. Most of the things kids like (like potstickers, edamame, shrimp tempura) are only $1.00. See for yourself...


The overall score for Sushi Mojo is 24/30. I liked that their menu has pictures for everything so you can order something that looks good. You also don't have to know Japanese to ask for something. In case you like to eat healthy things, they have beautiful fresh cut fruit for a dessert. My friend doesn't even like sushi, but she gave the place a chance and loved it. If you don't like sushi, try Sushi Mojo and you may find that you like it after all.


Sushi Mojo on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I miss this place, specially because we used to go there together! :) congrats for the awesome blog, my dear! It has been a pleasure for me to read it!!

    ReplyDelete