Friday, July 22, 2011

Sushi Me Is For Me

Today we hit Sushi Me in Bellevue and I am glad we did!

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 3. They had 2 orange walls with 1 wasabi green wall. I was sensing that they were going for an underwater bubbly theme according to the multi-sized circles covering the door entryway and the big seashells covering the bulbs of the lights. Also they had 1 wall that was all windows. I liked the theme but it wasn't that much different than anywhere else.

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 4. Our server brought me and my sister a bright pink straw in our drinks and they brought my sister a plastic cup with a lid and we did not even have to ask. When you walk into Sushi Me the sushi chef in the front greets you in Japanese. 

On service speed, I give it a 3. We had to wait at least 10 minutes to get a table because they were very busy. They had a full conveyor belt with mulitple varieties of each type of sushi. When I ordered a california hand roll the sushi chef forgot and it took 5 minutes to get it after I reminded him. 

On taste of food, I give it a 3. Here is a california roll...


It had very sweet rice but the delicate and bold flavors evened it out. It tasted like it has been on the conveyor belt for awhile. I think it looks prettier than it tastes. It tastes like an average california roll. I also had 2 eggrolls.


The egg rolls were very crispy and they had very fresh veggies inside. They were also served warm. They came with sweet and spicy sauce.

On appearance of food, I give it a 5. The california roll was covered in fish eggs with the last of the ingredients sticking out from the 4th roll. All of the rolls were garnished with some type of ingredient and they all looked beautiful. It looked like they really took pride in their work. 

On price, I give it a 3.


(Sorry that the picture is sideways)! Most rolls are only $2.00.

An overall score for Sushi Me is a good 21/30. Sushi Me had a lot of rolls that you don't see anywhere else like the Lobster Roll, The Me Roll and The White Dragon Roll. For dessert they also have yummy mango and different types of puddings and Mochi ice cream balls. I recommend Sushi Me for kids, and also for me!

  

SushiMe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment