Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mad for MOD Pizza

Today was the first day of my pizza adventure and MOD Pizza in downtown Bellevue was the perfect way to start it off. MOD stands for Made On Demand, and that is exactly how it is! They make pizza to order, exactly how you like it. They have 5 different sauces and lots of cheese and toppings. They have different types of combinations to choose from or you can free style.

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 3. It is very unique with a "garage" theme. They actually have an open garage door for a wall of the building. There is a bar to sit at while feeling the breeze. It overlooks a loud street, and with the loud heavy music it's a little much. They do have plenty of outdoor and indoor seating.

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 4. When I asked how the process worked, the worker said "we make the burger and you make the fries at the end." It was just a joke and we chuckled. It was really cheesy. They were mostly nice and listened carefully to my order. Also, there were kids yelling and running around and nobody seemed to care.

On service speed, I give it a 5. It took under 5 minutes to order and get a perfectly baked custom made individual sized pizza. They made it right behind a clear glass so you can choose your toppings and watch them make it - just like at Subway.

On taste of food, I give it a 5. I got a Hawaiian pizza (canadian bacon and pineapple) with thin crust and red sauce. The pineapple was very fresh and it was the perfect consistency of sauce. The pizza had crispy browned edges and the pizza was cooked in a hot oven to perfection.

On appearance of food, I give it a 4. It was served on a round tray with paper to fit it's exact size. The proportions of toppings, sauce and cheese was just right and looked nice but I wish it went all of the way to the edge. There was a bit too much dry crust on the end.

On price, I give it a 5. Every pizza costs $6.28, no matter the toppings or sauce. It is the only price they have so get all the toppings you want!


The final score is 26/30 and pizza week is off to a great start! To make the day extra fun, there is a bus stop right out front so you could take a bus to get there. There is also a sidewalk to a park around the corner. I'm mad for MOD Pizza and you will be too!


MOD Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment