Thursday, August 25, 2011

I Believe In Pink!

Today I went to New York Cupcakes in Bellevue and I am so happy that I did! They only have one location right now but they are working on opening another one in Madison Valley.

When you enter the store there is an Audrey Hepburn quote on the wall that starts, "I believe in pink." New York Cupcakes definitely believes in pink!



On decor of restaurant, I give it a 5! When I walked in it smelled like buttercream frosting and it was pink city! There were pink walls, pink chandeliers, pink cupcake embroidered tablecloths, pink outdoor furniture, a pink phone, and just about everything else in the store was pink! I immediately fell in love with it! There were old fashion candy jars filled with classic candies like gumdrops, jaw breakers, candy necklaces and rainbow sprinkles. The store was all tied together with a classic black and white checkered floor.

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 5! The nice lady working there smiled at me and called me sweetie. She was also not annoyed when I asked what just about every cupcake was! And trust me, they have a lot of different cupcakes. It was very hot outside, so my sister and I were very thirsty. The nice lady happily continued to bring us water even though we asked 5 times! Keep it up staff!

On service speed, I give it a 5! When I asked for my cupcake, they took it out of the display case right away and handed it to me on a napkin.


I tried a red velvet mini cupcake with buttercream frosting. On taste of food, I give it a 5! The cupcake was very light and decadent and it had a very rich flavor. It was very moist cake baked to perfection. Even though it is common to do a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting, the buttercream complimented the red velvet very nicely. The frosting was sweet but not too sweet. It was delicious!

On appearance of food, I give it a 5! All of the frosting on each of the cupcakes are piped beautifully and neatly on top. The frosting doesn't cover up the whole cupcake, only the center on the top. All of the cupcakes at New York Cupcakes are garnished with something. If it is a cookies and cream cupcake it is garnished with an Oreo. If it is a normal vanilla cupcake it is garnished with rainbow sprinkles and so on and so forth.

On price, I give it a 3:( It is expensive. It costs $1.50 for a mini and $3.00 for a normal sized cupcake. I was so sad because I wanted to give them a perfect score. I just can't deny the fact that it is expensive! $3.00 might seem like a lot for a cupcake, but it is worth every penny.

 If you are like my sister and just like the frosting, then frosting shots are just right for you...


For an overall score of 28/30!!! That is the best score so far in Eating With Emily history! New York Cupcakes take special orders and they deliver. New York Cupcakes is a must try! They have lots of really creative flavors like Broadway Banana Split and Candy Store Salted Caramel. They also have seasonal flavors that change. I believe in pink, I believe in New York Cupcakes, and if you go there you will too!!!






New York Cupcakes on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Emily,

    We absolutely love your blog! Thank you for the wonderful review! Your blog is so stinkin' cute! Thanks for coming in! Next time you should try my favorite, the Chocolate Chip cupcake! Come in next time, and let us know who you are, and your next cupcake is on us! Check out our blog too! Cupcake Love!! Thanks again!

    xoxo
    Heather at New York Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete