Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Not The Winning Trophy



Today I went to Trophy Cupcakes in The Braven (Bellevue), but they also have a location in Seattle. 

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 4. They have a very pretty color scheme of dark brown and light blue. They were playing very depressing music and then they changed it to a strange song in Spanish? There was a white bar with light blue stools and right next to it was a lower bar with shorter stools and a shorter countertop for little kids. That is where I sat just for fun. The store looked a little old fashioned. They have a white counter and white shelves. Behind the counter were white shelves where the extra cupcakes are when they run out of space in the display case. I think that is rather gross! They seemed left out and dusty.

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 3. The person behind the counter seemed bored with her job and tired. She was not interested in any of the things that I had to say and when I asked a question she didn't even look me in the eyes. When we walked in she didn't greet us she just looked at us and walked away. She needs some friendliness help!

On service speed, I give it a 4. She grabbed the cupcake for me when I ordered, but it took her a minute to get a napkin and ring it up. Other than that it was good.



On taste of food, I give it a 4. I got a Triple Chocolate cupcake - that is dark chocolate frosting with dark chocolate cake and chocolate sprinkles. It was moist and a little gooey but I thought that it tasted good that way. It had very rich frosting, but it was a little too tart and it made my tummy hurt after awhile. Other than that it was just normal chocolate cake and chocolate frosting. There was nothing special about it. It was good, but average good. Not special good.

On appearance of food, I give it a 3. The cupcake top was hanging over the sides so far that it looked like a mushroom. The frosting was spread on top, not piped. After that it was rolled in chocolate sprinkles, but they were shaped like squares and not round like typical sprinkles. Every other cupcake had frosting piped on and garnished with a little somethin' somethin', but not mine. It was pretty average. Sometimes adults think simple is special, but I think simple is simple.

On price, I give it a 1. It was very expensive! They didn't have minis but for a normal one it was $3.50-$4.00. For a dozen it is $38.50! I would not recommend this place if you are having a party and need a lot!

For a total score of 19/30. They have great kid flavors like peanut butter and jelly, samoas (girl scout cookie) and s'mores with roasted marshmallow frosting. There was not a bathroom in there and it was very far away so don't drink a lot of water there. For some strange reason everybody who walked in was wearing black!? Good, but not the winning Trophy.

Trophy Cupcakes and Party (Bellevue) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment