Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Whole Story



Today we went to Whole Foods in Bellevue, but they also have locations in Redmond and Seattle. I decided to taste the cupcake there since I realized kids always have to go the store. Why not have a little treat while you're there? Instead of the free cookie why not a cupcake? Well I had the treat, and here is the Whole story...

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 3. This was the hardest one to evaluate because hello, we are in a grocery store! There was an open kitchen so you could watch them make the pastries and desserts. The counter was too tall for me so I had to stand on my very tiptoes to see anything. The bakery was a small corner of the store and it had a very small working space. Also, remember that is a grocery store. For a grocery store the space was pretty normal.

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 4. The bakery lady smiled at me and seemed happy with her job. When she was done giving me my cupcake she asked me if I wanted a free cookie. Other than that when I left that area she said thank you and have a great day. Keep it up!

On service speed, I give it a 5! She carefully picked up my cupcake and graciously put it in a cute cupcake container and quickly put a sticker on it. She gave it to my mom who gave it to me because I couldn't reach.


On taste of food, I give it a 2. It was lemon cake with lemon curd and buttercream frosting and raspberry glaze with a fresh raspberry. The frosting was hard and you had to bite it. It was also sooooooo repulsive that I couldn't even eat it! It is called buttercream for a reason! It just tasted like butter and it made me gag! It was also not sweet at all! Otherwise, there was only about 1/4 of a teaspoon of lemon curd in the middle. The only bite that I had was very good and I wish there was more of it. On the cake hand it was good, not great just good. It tasted normal and it was nothing special. If I had an opportunity of going back there I wouldn't take it.

On appearance of food, I give it a 4. The frosting was beautifully piped and the glaze and raspberry was the perfect touch. The glaze had a beautiful red color and it looked very appetizing. The cake was sticky and had a shininess to it. It looked almost greasy. The decoration on top looked like they took the time to make it pretty. 

On price, I give it a 2. It was $3.00 for a normal and $1.50-$1.75 for a mini. I gave them a lower score than other places with a $3.00 cupcake, because for a grocery store you would expect them to be cheaper.

For a total score of 20/30. If you are having a party, they also have things like tarts, mousse cups, cookies and cakes. If you go to Whole Foods and you want something sweet, then I recommend a mousse cup instead of a cupcake because the cupcakes aren't the best. And that is the Whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment