Monday, August 1, 2011

AA Sushi stands for Awfully Atrocious Sushi


Today I went to AA Sushi in Juanita and I am sorry I did!

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 3. They had plain dark colors like dark red, black and dark brown. They also had small decorations everywhere. They had gorgeous Japanese pictures and paintings everywhere. The counter top was very high so I had to sit on my knees and I am 4'5. The height is not good for kids. The space was pretty but it was mostly just average.

On friendlinesss of staff towards kids, I give it a 2. The waiter did not even recognize I was there and HELLO, I am hard to miss! He did not look at me or talk to me. He gave all of the drinks to my mom and not to me even though I was sitting right there.

On service speed, I give it a 3. Of course the conveyor belt was there so the food was right there but it took about 15 minutes to get our check. Also it took awhile to get our water.

I ordered my usual, a california hand roll...

On taste of food, I give it a 2. The seaweed was crisp and this handroll was decent, but everything else was horrible. I also had edamame, a cucumber sunomono, and shrimp sushi. I could tell that the veggies and the sushi had been on the belt for a long time because they were all warm and mushy and totally unappetizing. It was not good. The california hand roll was only good because it was made it on the spot. 

On appearance of food, I give it a 1. The sushi was made with absolutly no pride. The food portions were the smallest it can get. My mom ordered salmon sashimi and look what they gave her...

There were just tiny amounts of sashimi pieces (more like shreds) and look how it was plated! The grossest part was that you could clearly see the dirtiness of the plates and covers. You could see the fingerprints and it looked like they reused their plates. There was dirt on the plates and it looked like residue of other sushi left on the plate! EWWW! Everything was absolutely filthy.

On price I give it a 5. Weekdays from 11:30am-2:30pm everything on the belt is $1.50. Here are the prices during other times...


An overall score for Awfully Atrocious Sushi is a 15/30. I was so grossed out by the plates and the food that I really didn't want to eat anything. Afterwards, I was looking forward to going to the mall so I could eat lunch! I think the prices are so low because they can't sell any of their sushi (because it is so bad). I definitely do not recommend this restaurant to anyone!



   

aa Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment