Friday, August 26, 2011

Royale With Cheese

Today I went to Cupcake Royale in downtown Bellevue. They also have locations in Seattle.

On decor of restaurant, I give it a 3. When I first walked in I noticed paper flowers hanging by clear strings that looked like they were floating in air, check it out...


It was very hot in there! I am sure that they didn't have any air conditioning and it was a hot summer day. There was no breeze and I was very uncomfortable. I noticed that all of the cupcakes are in a display case and it was so hot that the frosting on the cupcakes was melting! The store looked sort of run down. The floor looked like my floor in the garage, none of the furniture matched, and it was dirty. The door was wide open so there were bugs flying everywhere around our cupcakes!

On friendliness of staff towards kids, I give it a 2. They had very serious faces and they looked like they hated their jobs. They didn't smile and I felt like I was under pressure when I was choosing a cupcake. They looked very impatient and they were tapping their fingers waiting for me to make a decision.

On service speed, I give it a 5! When I asked for my cupcake they took it and put it on a plate immediately.



On taste of food, I give it a 4. I got a "Royale with Cheese." That is chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. That is also a famous line from an inappropriate movie called Pulp Fiction. Don't watch it if you don't believe me. Trust me I am not lying. The cupcake was a little dry on top but when you bit into it it was moist and rich. The frosting was not too sweet, it was perfect! It was also creamy and thick. The frosting was so good that I wish I could only eat the frosting and not the cake. But not as much as my friend, she was literally eating every last crumb...



On appearance of food, I give it a 4.  The frosting looked like it was piped on but then spread very neatly and pretty. Everything was garnished with a little something. Mine was garnished with milk chocolate shavings and so was my friend's. Not a lot of shavings, only about five. It was pretty but they didn't seem to go the extra mile.

On price, I give it a 3. It was the same price as New York Cupcakes! $1.50 for a mini, $3.00 for a normally sized one.

 When you are finished eating the cupcakes you can go out front and play a little ping pong, check it out...


The table looks all gross and old but it works just fine. Also, right next door is an old school barber shop and the guy who works there has a curly waxed mustache and I call him Mr.Mustachio:) If you have time, you have to check him out!

For a grand total of 21/30. Cupcake Royale, I am glad that I came and tried one of your cupcakes. If you go there, you will be glad too. As long as it is not hot out.

Cupcake Royale Bellevue on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment